Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 1994 Club Car electric cart, id# A9440-406544. Cart

Customer Question

Hi.
I have a 1994 Club Car electric cart, id# ***** Cart was parked on sloping driveway with parking brake on but still in drive forward for an hour. It would not move forward or backward after other than an inch or two in either direction. Reverse buzzer sounds but tone changes under load. I tried charging as test, but charger makes a louder buzzing sound & gauge is constantly fluctuating & it does not appear to charge. Batteries show mostly charged & water level is ok. Looked to see if there was a reset button, could not find one if it exists. Any suggestions. Dan
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check each cable and connection from the charger port to the battery pack, each battery connection, back to the charger port.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With charger not working, you have problem with the primary circuit!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I may have found the problem. While the wires all looked connected, I touched the red wire going from the battery to a black box on the frame and it fell apart from the battery connection. Corrosion has eaten it away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think I need to talk by phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a chance that this wire being not great would have made the cart not move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a specific sequence to disconnect the batteries? I have seen a reference on the web to this. If the batteries are not disconnected correctly it may mess up the controller (I think???). Which wires should I disconnect to work on replacing the damaged one & is this something I can do myself without further damage to cart?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the last negative cable, then you can work safely. One bad apple messes up the batch!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help. My wife has asked me to call a repair shop to come out. This gives us a good starting point.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks.