Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Curtis - I have a 91 EZGO that used to run like a champ till

Customer Question

Hi Curtis - I have a 91 EZGO that used to run like a champ till a year ago. It sat and now I've done a lot of work on it to try and get it going, and kind of at my wits end. The wheels turn when on jack stands - though sometimes better than others. Earlier today it would go in reverse, it appeared I had installed cables in the wrong order on the motor after taking it apart and cleaning inside of motor (it had a lot of carbon in it) and replacing a set of insulators. I have also had the differential apart and it visually looks great. New hubs are on both drive wheels. All contacts cleaned on batteries and solenoid. Batteries are fully charged, but they did sit for a year only being charged a couple times. They measure over 36v and specific gravity looks very good. They were only a year old and well maintained prior to the sit. Solenoid measures full battery bank voltage on the positive battery bank pin, and 12v on the other side when accelerator not pressed. Full voltage and click when pressed.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Voltage to the solenoid , should be battery voltage to both sides, less the resistor. Not 12 volts!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is site with trouble shooting. Scroll down the opening page to find the tests!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm