Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a e-z go RXV standard 2009 48v golf cart. When I turn

Customer Question

I have a e-z go RXV standard 2009 48v golf cart. When I turn on the key the back up horn sounds in a beep, beep, beep ( like a truck backing up) not a steady buzzing like before and will not respond to the go pedal in forward or reverse. any ideas on this?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

RXV has the electric brake on the drive motor. I'm thinking the brake is not releasing! See if it does anything!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake does release I can push it so the brake is off. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does the charger come on? It makes a voltage check before it clicks on.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

When did it last run? Any unusual circumstances?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear the brake release?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Most RXV problems are low voltage, caused by bad battery or cable connections, are the batteries original?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the charger come on? It makes a voltage check before it clicks on. I think so I hear a clicking when I turn on the key. Some times if I turn the key to forward and then off then back to forward again I can get it to go. This does not work all the time.When did it last run? Any unusual circumstances? about two week ago no unusual circumstances.Do you hear the brake release? the brake will not set. when it is parked I can move it.Most RXV problems are low voltage, caused by bad battery or cable connections, are the batteries original?
no the batteries are 2012 and I have replaced one of the cables because it was bad.Do you think it might be the Run/Tow Switch or the Key Switch?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Charger ok? What does voltmeter show at brake on motor? Brake should always be on! As it is spring applied and released when the power is applied.???

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Keyswitch or tow/run switch can cause similar problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does voltmeter show at brake on motor? Brake should always be on! As it is spring applied and released when the power is applied.??? 24.6
is there any way to test the tow/run switch and the key switch?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You say 24,6 volts? Should be 48 voltls!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check keyswitch the same way, has to have 48 volts.