Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Blank screen on 2011 Range Rover sports HSE 3.0 diesel, No

Customer Question

Blank screen on 2011 Range Rover sports HSE 3.0 diesel, No power going through systems, please help.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check and make sure there isn't a dead battery issue or an issue with the battery cables themselves,If these are all found to be o.k. check and make sure all fuses are good and replace any that are found to be at fault.If these are all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Pete, according to the electrician everything as far as wires are ok, but there was an issue with the puller on the alternator, we have rectified it and the. It ended up the adjuster is messed up. We are trying to get a new one. I have a brand new battery installed in the car purchased yesterday. What is the next thing you suggest we look for? The car experienced flood damage. New engine ECU etc had been purchased. The issue now is to get power to the car so it can be recalibrate do to specs. The car starts and moves but it's very ruff. The screen, seat adjustment doesn't work. New modules have been purchased for the function as well as screen and CD player.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.
With flood damage it sounds like you have replaced all the modules that may have been damaged if not inspect all other areas that water had contacted to see if any other modules/ecu's need replaced.
Usually the wiring terminals will corrode in the connectors where water was contacted to and this will need cleaned or the terminals replaced and this can cause this issue here.
I suggest re checking all module connections and wiring connections to see if any corrosion is found where the terminals and possibly wiring need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** to do these tomorrow and let you know the feedback.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if I give you the VIN can you pull up the diagram to help me locate the fuses or relays responsible for AC and media? The can't seems to locate my manuals.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't have access to any diagrams or manuals on this myself.In some cases you may be able to obtain this info from a dealer.

Thanks Pete