Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 1996 club car. If the charger is plugged in it will

Customer Question

I have a 1996 club car. If the charger is plugged in it will click on the needle gauge will move slightly and then will cut off. I have tried 2 differ chargers 1 is brand new. I have check all the fuses and they are not blown. What may cause it not to charge?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The chargers are not seeing the voltage from the battery pack. Do you have a voltmeter to check the charger port? It has to read around 80 percent of the pack voltage. If not, you have a problem in the primary circuit, which is the charger port to the batteries , through the battery pack and back to the charger port. Look for a bad connection, or a bad battery, it only takes one bad connection or cable to keep the voltage from the charger port.