Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Have an ez go s4 high output 48 volt that's not had a charge

Customer Question

Have an ez go s4 high output 48 volt that's not had a charge in 3 months the charger is flashing red because the battery's are too low what should I do
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
6, 8 volt batteries or 4, 12 volt batteries? If 12 volts, you can charge each battery for about an hour with an automotive charger ,and then voltage will be high enough for the carts charger to take over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Six
Eight volt battery's
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Are you knowledgeable enough to go into the charger and bypass the start relay for the charger? If you bypass the relay, the charger will come on when you plug it in. ? The relay is what has to close, to start the charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The delta q is the charger tha came with the ez go 48 volt golf cart it appears to be a sealed unit
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it can't be bypassed. That leaves you with trying to get battery voltage up, on an 8 volt battery, with a 12 volt charger or trying to charge two , 16 volts with a 12 volt charger!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
with the Delta charger , you need around 40 volts for it to start!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are recommending I charge a 8 volt battery with a 12 volt charger ?and do I charge each battery individually
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I would charge the batteries individually and with the 12 volt charger, Just moniter the charge and do not overheat charger or battery. You do not need to remove them or cables.