Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Club Car DS: Golf CartClub Car, 2007, DS … Attempted to charge

Customer Question

Golf Cart
Club Car, 2007, DS … Attempted to charge it today. Plugged the charger in the Amp needle moved ¾ scale, waited 30 seconds and dropped to ZERO. Yellow battery light was on.
Test of batteries, 8.50 on each of the 8 batteries, general voltage, was 51 volts.
I charged it OK 6 days ago. And tested the system, all batteries were 9.96 DCV, overall voltage was 59.4
SG on all batteries was 1300 with the exception of one that was 1.290
When the charger kicks out, the Yellow battery goings into a count...3sec off
30sec on...3sec off...5sec on...3sec off....30sec on...3sec off...5sec on...and on and on
5 off
Bad charger??
-Bill
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You have 6, 8 volt batteries. Battery pack reads 51 volts? What is the reading at the carts charger receptical?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
52.7 dcv
Just ran the cart 2 miles wide open, resting voltage after the run 50.2 vdc. All during the ride the yellow battery light turned on and off. Figuring I ran the batteries down a tad. I attempted to charge, after 2 minutes the charger shut down.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the voltage at the receptical?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If it is same, then you have a charger problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I posted my request I pulled the charger and took it over to the club, they checked it out as being very good...they are the guys who said OBC's bad, do an on line check...
I did a on line step/step of the OBC ... It's bad...so will charge the unit direct at the 48VDC battery terminals, and will hunt for a OBC come Monday or buy a OBC by-pass kit..
Thank ...and cancel the order-BillThanks,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK>