Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Electric Vehicles: I have a 1999 Turf II Ingersoll Rand Club

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Turf II Ingersoll Rand Club Car. I am replacing the rear wheel studs. I have been able to set the new studs in place without removing the axle but I can not get them to completely seat. They will only screw thru to the thicker portion of the shift close to the head. Do I need to remove the axle to tap them in ? If so How do you remove the axle ?
Thanks
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can you get a nut on the threads> Use the nut with washer to pull the studs into the tight, spline area. Nut will work better than trying to tap them in!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES I CAN PUT TEH LUG NUTS ON BUT WHEN I TRY TO TIGHTEN THEM TO PULL THE SPLINE THRU THE BOLT TURNS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT SURE IF YOU RECEIVE MY RESPONSE
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If you can't pull them through, you will have to pull the axle. There should be flange holding the axle bearing. Remove flange bolts and pull the axle.