Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Electric Vehicles Ezgo: My ezgo 36v cart won't go. Batteries

Customer Question

My ezgo 36v cart won't go. Batteries are fully charged at 37.4v. Solenoid clicks and I get battery voltage on the other large terminal on it. Checked all connections are clean where do I go next
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the solenoid, it should have battery voltage on both sides BEFORE the solenoid closes! The solenoid only makes the connection. Do you get any indication that the keyswitch has voltage? Keyswitch gets power from the back side of the carts charger plug. There is a reed switch in the connection that kills the keyswitch when the charger is plugged in. If the switch doesn't close, the keyswitch gets no power, so cart does not drive!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The indicator shows full power I do have voltage on both sides of the silenoid. Battery side is 37.4 the other side is 34.7 with out the solenoid closed. The resistor on the board between the two connections reads 250 ohms but the connections look a little burned up. I do get 37v to the A2 and A1 connections on the motor when the peddal is depressed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a DCS cart
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------scroll down the above site, and run through the tests for the system.