Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Do you know anyting about electric golf carts

Customer Question

do you know anyting about electric golf carts
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  litl_techtalker replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for requesting me to assist you. I am not familiar with golf carts, but there is a gentle on our site, who is very knowledgeable of golf carts.
I will opt, and give him an opportunity to assist you. Thanks again! I do hope all goes well for you. After I opt out, please do not respond to me, because our system will lock your question to me, and lock others out.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
What kind of problem do you have on your Club Car? Does it run? Does the charger come on when plugged to cart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Curtis the cart takes off fine then within 10 or or fifteen metres slows down to just above walking pace and sometimes stops take foot of pedal and press again off it goes but very slow batteries are nearly new can you help
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to test with? Does the charger show to be charging the batteries? Did you have same problem with old batteries? When did cart last run correctly? The typical symptom is a low voltage to the drive motor, and can be a bad connection at battery pack or somewhere in the primary circuit. Test battery pack voltage as you drive cart , use a set of jumper wires to attach meter to the battery pack, so you can drive and observe the pack voltage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will try in the morning there are six 8 volt batteries where do I put jumper leads
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
One lead on the end posiitve and the other, on the end negative connection, Meter should read pack voltage, around 48 volts before test. Fully charged batteries would be around 54 volts!