Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Charged up dead winter batteries individually but still main

Customer Question

charged up dead winter batteries individually but still main charger would start cha
rging
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
With 7 volts per battery, on 48 volt system? 4, 12 volt batteries or 6, 8 volt batteries? Do you have voltmeter, what is the reading at the charger port on the cart? You should read pack voltage, or close to 42 volts with batteries at 7 volts each.??? The charger will not close the internal relay until it see around 75 percent of total volts. 42 volts would be plenty!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at my cart until later,I will check.it is a 6x8v array
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you find low voltage at the plug, check all the cables and connections in the primary circuit. Charger port to battery pack, and back to the charger port. I suspect you have a bad cable or connection, and have low voltage to the charger connection.