Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

YAHMA-Golf Cart G16: We Have yamha golf cart 1996 that won't

Customer Question

We Have yamha golf cart 1996 that won't stay running when you hit the gas he has put new hoses ,coil,fuel pump and it still cuts out sometimes even packfires
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I would have the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks.If a vacuum leak is present this can cause this type of fault here and would need to be repaired to correct this issue.
If no vacuum leaks are found this can be a fault with engine timing with a timing component wore out or misaligned causing this issue needing corrected.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of that has been checked Thanks. Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Doing some research on this issue here there were some issues with the carburetor operation with the throttle plate/valve closing improperly as well as opening improperly causing this issue.If you have not had this checked into to see if this is the cause here this should be done.I don't have the repair or rebuild/adjustment specifications on it unfortunately myself but with all that has been done here this sounds like the most likely cause for this fault.
Others have mentioned a cracked fuel feed elbow at the fuel tank causing air and fuel to enter the carburetor causing this fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was great but we have tried all of that but didn't helpThank you
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete