Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

EZGO Electric TXT: I made a mistake and installed new batteries

Customer Question

I made a mistake and installed new batteries backwards in my 36 volt EZGO golf cart. Nothing worked when I turned the key on. I soon figured out what was wrong and after correcting the installation, still nothing works. Is it likely I damage something that needs to be replaced?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Cart is 2001 year model. Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage points? Do you have battery voltage to the key switch? The keyswitch gets it's voltage from the charger ports posiitve side, a switch in the receptacle, has to close and power the keyswitch,which in turn sends power to the foot micro switch, then when pedal is pushed, the foot micro switch , closes and powers the solenoid to close. Any of the small switches can burn out from the batteries being backwards.