Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Tomberlin e-merge 500: have a e-merge tomberlin no power anywhere,

Customer Question

have a e-merge tomberlin no power anywhere, headlamps, 4 ways, wiper, fan, lowest battery 7.6 highest 8.2, have 42 volts at the solonoid . have checked all 9 fuses. I caint seem to find any info on this cart
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Does your charger work when turned on? With this being a 48 volt cart, your voltage at the solenoid is too low. A battery with less than 8 volts, could be a bad battery! Is this a plug in charger or on board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a on board charger, and appears to be working. I only had it pluged in for a few mins to see if was working. I have not done a indevidule cell test on the battery's but have checked the water there are 2 or 3 cells that are slightly low, not much maybe 3/4 of a inch
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wish I had wireing diagram to see what feeds what and voltage flow
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I found Tomberlin University, which is site for technical information, but it error-ed out and I never got on it. It showed that it would have diagrams. But this is not a common cart. Your batteries are low, I would let the charger run a full cycle and not unplug until at least 8 hours. The check battery voltages again. One bad battery will kill the whole system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One thing I forgot to mention there is a status light on the power control module or the main box and it is flashing me a code 12 one flash and then couple seconds and then to flashes together I don't know what that means
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
All I am sure of, this is a 48 volt cart, and fully charged would be over 54 volts! and 42 volts will not let it operate! Charge it and go from there. The main box is probably flashing low voltage!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Curtis My name is***** work for Chrysler for 45 years and did quite a bit of repairs on their electric car called the Gem car Because of that I have worked on several different golf carts but this one is strange
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If you know the Gem, this should be a piece of cake! Get the voltage up and see what you have.