Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I tried to charge my ezgo electric golf cart first

Customer Question

I tried to charge my ezgo electric golf cart for the first time since I took it out of the garage from winter. It is an older model but has six new batteries (one year old) and the charger hums like it is working but it doesn't show the charge is working on the meter on the cart. could it be the charger isn't working properly? Is there a way to check the charger? The charger is a metal charger formally used at a golf course. Anyway the golf cart will not move although the horn, the lights, and reverse sounds. What can I check?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? What is each battery? and what is full pack voltage? Is charger auto on, or does it have a mechanical timer? From what I gather, there is a bad connection in the primary circuit, which is the wires from the charger port, through the battery pack, and back to the charger port. Look for bad cable or connection, or a battery with very low voltage. Ezgo 36 volt cart would have around 39 volts fully charged and each battery would be over 6.5 volts.