Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Electric Vehicles ezgo txt: I bought a 04 ezgo 36 volt cart.

Customer Question

I bought a 04 ezgo 36 volt cart. It will jerk at start but runs great after taking off. I was told by the local shop it was the throttle sensor. I installed a new one and still has the same problem. It will do the same thing with the part removed. It has a new controller good batteries. I tried turning around the throttle control and it was a smooth start but not enough power to move the cart
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There should be an adjustment on the throttle sensor , to micro switch activation. It may be too soon, or it may be too late. Try moving the activation tube in or out to see if problem gets better or worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does nothing i can run it without the throttle sensor and does the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im talking about the inductive throttle sensor
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You don't have a brake that is sticking? Have you raised both rear wheels and ran, listening for noise from rear area? ITS and controller are all that have any affect on start and speed. With both changed, and no difference, I would at least take a look at the drive end!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have it up, nothing sticking. As i said in my original question, it is smooth, no jerking, if i turn the inductive throttle sensor around. But if i remove it, the cart still jerks the same way and will run without it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So old sensor and new sensor does the same thing? Is the new sensor Ezgo or other brand? Only thing I have ever seen is where adjusting the spool makes difference.??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ezgo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adjusting does nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I even tried turning the wires around
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you replaced the micro switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and is working.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
When you adjusted the ITS, did it move closer to the micro switch or ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No way to adjust it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I don't have one to look at, but I thought the tube in the sensor, is what pushes the micro switch and it is adjustable.???? The sensor works through the controller, the micro switch closes the solenoid. Moving the micro switch to open or close the solenoid sooner or later, is the key to smooth start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The its is stationary and the tube goes into it the switch catches the round thing on the tube.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can the arm be bent on the switch to get it to close sooner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The cart works when i turn the its backwords but no power
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK. I don't have an answer for you. Sorry. I will opt out and see if anyone else can help. Please do not respond to me or rate, or it will lock your question.