INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

If student who has an IEP() on consultation does not want to

Customer Question

If student who has an IEP() on consultation does not want to use her accomodations what is the rule
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: That when she has a review she no longer will want an IEP because she does fine without one (passes grade level )
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If she spontaneously did not use the accomodations (only once in a while) and now wants to use them on testing can she still have them?, We have a IEP review before testing, what are the rules ,Should she be given the accomodations for the test , although she has opted out of them all year, should we try to ammend the IEP without the accomodations and if not, can she still receive the accomodations for the test even though she has not been using them all year?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 3 months ago.
Is the parent agreeing with the student desire?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because testing is starting to happen,some parents in the town are starting to try to get as much help, so the mother just wants her child to go to college and law school.As least restrictive is the goal and the mothers aspirations are college I think we should steer her for the reevaluation to say the student no longer has a disabioitiy because she has passed all subjects without using the acommodations...
The decision belongs to parent and student. The school must adhere to it.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.