Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

I am a vet and would like to attend Trucking school. Is

Customer Question

I am a vet and would like to attend Trucking school. Is their any school vouchers available for vets
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: No I have not. Its a four week course and upon completion I will be hired a truck driver
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

While your post 9/11 GI Bill can pay for trucking school, there are many nuances such as which school, class schedules, etc. You simply have to apply and see if the benefit is approved. See HERE.

There is good news otherwise, however. Under the Veteran CDL Skills Test Waiver, some vets may be able to prove that they have skills driving comparable vehicles while serving in the military, and thus, skip many of the skill examinations in their Class A CLD exams.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!