Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

I am 66 years old and I have a student loan debt of 250,000

Customer Question

Hi I am 66 years old and I have a student loan debt of 250,000 dollars currently in forbearance. I am a widow still employed . some of the loan I took out for my 2 children and some for me. I need to know if you get the loans forgiven or at least reduced to half.
JA: Where is the school located? And is it a public or private institution?
Customer: not One school was in new York . the other two schools were in Baltimore where my children attended. no one is in college now.
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: to have the student loans resolved. you are not an attorney in new York? do you know of one. if not thanks
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you please clarify for my if there is a basis to get the loans forgiven or reduced?