Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

My son is being sued on a civil case as a bully when it was

Customer Question

my son is being sued on a civil case as a bully when it was a accident at his P.E class with another student my son has never been in trouble at school only for gum chewing
JA: Is there reason to believe the child's safety is in danger?
Customer: no not by my son the other student has been bully by other student and is suicidal thoughts
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: no the other student that my son ran into with during there P.E class is the one with suicidal thought as said in the civil case report by his parents
JA: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you? What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: this family has filed a civil case against my son and i
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the action filed is all false statements ,information on each allegation
Category: Education Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my son was playing two hand touch football with his P.E class as he was running for a pass down the field at that moment another student that was a non-dress cut across the field that was when they accidently collided and the plaintiff was injured a year later the parents are saying this was done purposely and intentionally due to bullying from my son .No school records show my son as a bully
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I have been an attorney for 27 years and have worked in the field of Education for 17 years. I will help you with your questions.

Let me know if you want me to type my responses or if you would like the live phone call.

To help better, I would need to know the following:

• What state and what court is the lawsuit in?
  • Is the school district also being sued?
  • Do you have home owner's insurance? The insurance company to help to defend this lawsuit.
  • What is the basis of the lawsuit? Are they saying your son assaulted the other child?