KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

Which university or higher institution can i attend in the

Customer Question

which university or higher institution can i attend in the united state as an undocumented immigrate ?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.

Good morning.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no federal law that prohibits you from applying to or attending either public or private US colleges. However, each college can set its own rules, and some states have placed restrictions on undocumented students from attending in-state postsecondary institutions. Some schools such as Stanford, Dartmouth, Duke, and the University of Chicago, Rutgers, UCLA, and Texas Tech seek out, and encourage undocumented students to apply.

With regards ***** ***** some states, though, have passed laws that enable undocumented students to pay in-state tuition if they meet certain conditions. There are Currently, 16 states that allow undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition provided they meet certain requirements: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Hawaii, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

Currently, California, Minnesota, New Mexico, Texas, and Washington allow undocumented students to receive state financial aid.

It is best to seek out colleges in states such as listed above that allow and encourage undocumented immigrants to apply, assist financially, and attend. Always research the school and their policies on admission, financial aid and in school assistance before applying and sending in the application fee.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
If you have any other questions, just ask.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.