attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years Education Law
68197583

My son has had two head injuries at school sustained

Customer Question

my son has had two head injuries at school sustained multiple concussions in both and s now having problems with his vision is depressed scared to go to the school with out the medication and all these this were totally avoidable if the schools had followed his IEP and handled a bulling issue last year. Bulling escalated to an attack and there was a near attack last year by the attackers older brother what can i legally do to this school system.
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: I WANT TO SUE THE SCHOOL SYSTEM MY SON HAS LOST SO MUCH THEY NEED TO LOOSE NOW I TALKED TO RINCIPLES DATED BOARD MEMBERS DAUGHTERS AAND KNOW FROM A PERSONAL PLACE THE KIDS ARE OF NO CONCERN TO THESE PEOPLE MY SON IS NOW TAKING ANTI DEPRESSANTS JUST TO GO TO APLACE HE DOESNT WANT TO ***** TO RIDE THE BUS FOR REAR HE WILL BE ATTACKED HE WAS PUNCHED IN THE TUMPLE AND THE BACK OF THE HEAD TRYING TO GET ON THE SCHOOL BUS THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HE IS LOOSING VISION IN HIS EYES SINE THE ASSAULT I SAW THE VIDEO OF THE ATTEMPED ASSULT LAST YEAR AND THE VIOLATING HIS RIGHTS TO PRIVICY BY TELLING ALL HIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE REST OF THE STUDENTS ON THE BUS AND HE HAD TO RIDE TO SCHOOL BEING RIDICULED AND BE SUBECTED TO THIS EVERYDAY FOR THE LAST TWO SCHOOL YEARS
Category: Education Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, is this a public or private school?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
public two different schools williford was public in nash rocky mount school system then the other is rocky mount prep is a charter school they get there money from nash rocky mount school system

Thank you
Can you tell me, what is your specific question...are you asking how to go about filing a lawsuit?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i havent gotten any asswers and you charged me 38 dollars

Sorry for the confusion...I have not charged you anything...I am a user of the website...just like you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
law suit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i told u that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you guys are a rip
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how can i choose -5 stars

I opted to allow others to help you...I wish you the best of luck.

Expert:  attyadvisor replied 6 months ago.

I am a different Attorney. There appears to be some confusion on how the site payment works. I am going to provide the telephone number for Customer Service so you can make sure that you are not charged for any amount that you did or do not agree with. This is the phone number for Customer Service:

US/Canada1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

I am also happy to assist with your question. My heart goes out to your son. If the school is allowing this to occur and taking no action protect students from this type of behavior your lawsuit would be against the school (district) and the individuals that are complicit in the harassing and hurtful behavior.

Since this is all happening through "nash rocky mount school system" that is the first step. When schools are public you have more resources available to file complaints as well as take legal action. The reason is that public school receive both State and Federal Funds.

Give me a moment to provide a link for all of the complaints that need to be filed.

As far as a lawsuit you will need a local Attorney to assist you. Pursuant to the terms of service for this site the Attorneys on this site are not permitted to create and Attorney/Client relationship with the customers, but rather provide them with all of the resources available to get them headed in the right direction and in touch with the people that can and will help.

Please give me a few moment to put together information for you. Thank you for your patience.

Apparently the prior Superintendent was forced out by the Board. Presently the person holding this position is Dr. Shelton L. Jefferies at

***** Nashville, NC 27856(###) ###-####/p>

He is the first step, however, he may is not the only the only resource.

The next person in order of responsibility is at the State level. The State Superintendent is June St. Clair Atkinson

http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/statesuperintendent/office/

At the State level the Superintendent is June St. Clair Atkinson

The North Carolina Department of Education can assist you with this matter at http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/contact-us/

Further the State Attorney General is the top law enforcement official in the State and has the duty to protect the citizens and consumers of the State. You would contact him through The North Carolina Department of Justice should also be advised of the situation at http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/59be4357-41f3-4377-b10f-3e8bd532da5f/Complaint-Form.aspx

This is a civil rights issue and since the school district receives Federal funding you can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Education at http://www2.ed.gov/policy/rights/guid/ocr/disability.html

If you are interested in a FREE consultation with a local Civil Rights Attorney please let me know and I can provide that information as well.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me? It would be my pleasure to continue to assist.