CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I am a special Ed teacher. I have quite a few students who

Customer Question

I am a special Ed teacher. I have quite a few students who are on grade level in math but just a little below average. They still need inclusion services in math but do I have to have a math goal. Every time we have a goal we have to progress monitor once a month and it takes quite a bit of time
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 22 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

Yes, these goals need to be written into their IEPs as well. Absent goals, these students will lose their inclusion services.

If you believe that the students no longer need inclusion services, you can raise this at their IEP meeting, and suggest that this be removed, but I would recommend discussing this with your SELPA and/or Program Manager for more specific assistance in your program.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
They need inclusion services but they don't need the continual progress monitoring

I understand that monitoring goals takes a significant amount of time.

But you are focusing on the task rather than the fact that student achievement and progress towards goals is what entitles them to the inclusion services. If you remove this, it removes the basis for them to receive these services.

Dear Customer, I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, however, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions. (If you have questions about these additional services, you can contact our customer service at: Most customers receive a phone call within 5-30 minutes.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I guess I am satisfied with this answer.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service (the series of 5 stars next to the chat window) so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "ForCustomerquot; and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.