Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

I am a current graduate student, encountering a plagiarism

Customer Question

I am a current graduate student , encountering a plagiarism charge by the school. I am looking for a lawyer who is good at the academic plagiarism issue.
Thanks for any help.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I have been an attorney for 27 years and have worked in the field of Education for 17 years. I will help you with your questions.

Can you tell me if you are in a state college or a private college? You have more due process rights in a state college.

Also, where in Nebraska are you? I can try to find a resource to find an attorney in your area if I know the county.

Also, if you tell me the name of the college, I will look at the due process rights that the college must follow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's UNL, in Lincoln, NE, Lancaster county. I worked on my comprehensive exam questions, and generalized many scholar's research for literature review. However, during the writing, I was at the third trimester and my son came out one month earlier. Therefore, I was late to submit my comps. I am considering that I didn't cite the scholars' opinions correctly. But for one question, I listed six successful initiatives, which were concluded with my own words. I am considering about whether the initiatives I listed sounds like plarigism with online check tool, such as turn it in.