Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Councelor at Law
Experience:  Assistant Principal, 17 years in the field of Education
81266493

I am requesting Colleen Brady for this answer. The GA

Customer Question

I am requesting Colleen Brady for this answer.The GA Professional Standards Commission is the body that assures Ga School Systems adhere to laws and ethical standards.However, it takes a minimum of 60 days to get them to decide to hear a complaint. Can I compel them by law to view a case immediately?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I have been an attorney for 27 years and have worked in the field of Education for 17 years. I will help you with your questions.

It could take about 60 days depending on when the Commission received the complaint. Written complaints are voted upon at the monthly meeting, which takes place the second week of the month. If your complaint was not sent in time to make the meeting held in the month you sent it, then it will be voted upon during the next monthly meeting. You should call the Educator Ethics Division at(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####to find out more.

Please let me know if I can help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me.