Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I would like to have an advice. Tomorrow I have a background

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to have an advice. Tomorrow I have a background check for adjunct teacher at Weber Stare University. In the application the question was "have you ever was convicted of a misdemeanor?" My answer was no because I was not convicted. My case was dropped/abandoned. I was not in jail. I got my fingerprints and photo but just was not charged. On the FBI record has the arrested date. My question is: what should I say during my background check? Thank you so much in advance! Best, Gleice
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. If you were not CONVICTED of a misdemeanor your answer to that question would be no. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am just affraid for the human resources background check. My misdemeanor was because of my language barrier. I couldn't communicate correctly with the police officers so I was accused of making false report. What should I say to the human resources during my job interview?

If you were not convicted I don't see any basis for reporting it. If you really wanted to know what was in your file you could run a background check on yourself and see if it comes up but you're in the middle of the hiring process you'd need to do it fast. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.