Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,

Board of education failed to provide speech services for my

Customer Question

Board of education failed to provide speech services for my child for 4 years, he was given a high school diploma and can not even obtain a job, he states the teachers sat beside him and gave him all the answers, I am furious and social security took away his benefits, what can be done about this situation
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Tomika. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Does he have a learning disability?

3) Did he ever get a 504 plan, or an IED under IDEA? If so, which?

4) How long has it been since he has graduated?

5) How old is he?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.