Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,

I am having my wages garnished student loan. I have almost

Customer Question

I am having my wages garnished for my student loan. I have almost paid it in full (approx. $12,000). I received a letter saying I owed someone else about the same amount of money and they will not give me definitive answers. I don't know what to do and I don't want someone else taking an additional $12,000 from me. is there a local office with someone I can speak with?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier.

1. Can you identify the two lenders that you referred to in your statement above by name and contact info? Or, upload a copy of the letters from them?

2. Do you know how much you actually borrowed in student loans over the years?