legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

Miguel is 33 yrs old who has autism. s mother died of cancer

Customer Question

Miguel is 33 yrs old who has autism. His mother died of cancer 8 years ago and is now
Living with dad. Miguel's mother had a revocable life insurance and named her brother as the admin. Uncle takes Miguel and has him sign a waiver of consent that he is if sound and mind. Miguel never received a dime of moms life insurance as of today. He receives an annuity from her teachers retirement and that's it. Can anything be done to help him retrieved any of his
Mothers life insurance money's?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this;

Any legal document will be void if the person signing it was not of sound mind. This is especially true if the person knew that the signor was not of sound mind.

The problem is the statute of limitations; any action for fraud must be brought from a certain time period from the date the wrongful act occurred-if you can let me know what state this is I can get you that information.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Thank you.