rayanswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years representing children and parents.

We're facing many issues with our daughter's teacher

Customer Question

We're facing many issues with our daughter's teacher throughout the year. In this last semester's grade she insist on keeping her grade at 69.37%, which keeps her out of college that she was expected.
In one specific case during the semester, we have proof that our daughter tried to show her work but the teacher ignored and gave her 0% that had huge impact on the grade. There are other issues with the teacher unfair behavior like not giving our daughter a fair chance that was given to other student - again, student can testify.
Principal fully supports the teacher and completely shut us off. District is washing their hands by claiming that it's the teacher and principal decision and that they can't force them.
What do we do next? What are our options
Category: Education Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.You would be looking at a civil suit here against the district and the teacher claiming grade was unfair and that teacher treated your student differently from others.You lawyer sends them demand letter threatening suit here for damages and legal fees if they do not agree to resolve this fairly.I see no way around a lawyer here they are trying to dodge you.The District here always has the final say.

I thnk a lawyer is your only means to seek a better outcome with threat of suit if necessary.

Give me your state I can get you lawyer referral..thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. We live in Sunnyvale CA.

Here you go.I wish you the best here.I have seen Districts back down when lawyer gets involved.You appear to have some great facts to support your case.

If you can leave a five star rating it is always sincerely appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand that we have a good case but looking for attherny that will help with the letter. Your pointer includes many options that I got on my google search - one of them also can't temporarily practice law.
Do you have more specific recommendation?
Thanks, Mordi.

These two have highest ratings.

Second one is at bottom of page

These are three real possibilities here.Thanks for the follow up.