Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,

My son is autistic, 22 years of age. We are trying to place

Customer Question

My son is autistic, 22 years of age. We are trying to place him in a new program since his current school cannot accamodate him after he tuns 22 years. We have been trying to get ahead of the deadline and contacted this school ( regional center gave us the contact)and since they have placed a kid just like our kid, not highly functioning the prior school year. We were very clear in the beginning of our kid's needs. They assured us that was not a problem. They visited the school (although they are very familiar with the school , and their program). After stringing us along for 2-3 months, they will not answer our calls, and switched the contact person (he was rude and basically told us we were not welcome in their school, never to call the school directly, but to contact the Regional Center for an answer).This will effect our kid's placement, because now we got one month to find another place. They assured us that he was as good as in the school. This is outrageous, this is like a death wish to a family with a low functioning autistic, it will disrupt our day to day, financially, emotionally. I don't want this to ever happen to another family. Our Rep at the Regional center was shocked, she said that they had taken a kid just like austin last school year and she had explained to them Austin's situation. pleas let us know if we can make this wrong righted.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post. Who are the "they" in your post? Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issue, ask specific question, and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,