Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney handling education matters.
10285032

I have a question if there is an expert that might know

Customer Question

I have a question if there is an expert that might know this. I am a college student majoring in Exercise Science I took Anatomy and Physiology 1 lecture and lab class which last Fall semester in the lecture portion received a D and didn't pass the lab class. So this spring semester I reregistered for them both again because all along I thought to move on I needed a grade of C or better. I met with my advisor about a week or two ago, and she told me the requirement for passing to have a C or better is only required for Nursing Students and students who plan on transferring which I don't plan on transferring. So let's say this spring semester I end up failing the lecture part even though last Fall semester I got a D in it which is considered passing and let's say this semester in the lab portion of it I end up passing which I failed last Fall semester. Does anyone know how colleges would work something like that if this upcoming Fall 2016 if I would be allowed to move on and register for Anatomy and Physiology 2 lecture and lab class.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They would generally accept the highest grade, but this varies from university to university. For grade point average, some will average the two grades together. However, if you pass the class and the lab is not required to be taken at same time and is a separate class, then the class highest grade would count and the lab highest grade would count.
You have to pass A&P1 before you can get to A&P2 though, so in whatever combination you need to pass the lab and class. If you passed the class with a D, you need to pass the lab now.