Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

I applied to a college assistant. i before completing the

Customer Question

i applied to a college for dental assistant. i before completing the admissions process i let the admissions counselor and program director know that i had a felony on my record and he both assured me i would be ok and that the felony wouldnt hinder me. After a term in it was time to take a state exam and i was told because of my felony i couldnt take the test and i would have to wait five years to test and become certified after i graduated by the dean of the school. i fell like i was lied to and mislead by school personnel now im stuck with these student loans that have to be repaid back when if they were straight forwarded with me like i was with them i couldve weighed my options and maybe not be stuck with such high loans. i was wondering could i have a case for my student loan repayment and pain and suffering?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you have anything in writing from the college stating that you can obtain a license right away with a felony conviction?