Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

Where can I find information on the Department of

Customer Question

Where can I find information on the Department of Education's recognition of a national accrediting body? Specifically, the Accrediting Commission for Colleges & Schools stated that it is not yet recognized by the Department of Education. How long can such an organization exist prior to applying to the Department of Education for recognition?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years and in the field of Education for 16 years. Please give me a little while to research this. I will be able to provide you with information in a short while. Just to clarify, are you asking about the Department of Education in California?

I have another question: Is the name of the of the accrediting body the Accrediting Commission for Colleges and Career Schools?