Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My daughter has been repeatedly bullied in school buy

Customer Question

My daughter has been repeatedly bullied in school buy students and staff members but the last straw was when a boy pushed and kick her in the back and the spit in her face. No actions were taken as I called the school the teacher called my wife and tried to downplay the situation and even chuckled once or twice on the phone. She said he just talks like that but he put emphasis of a word to intentionally spit in her face.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. Every school district in the country is required by law to have an established policy on how Bullying will be handled. So I suggest you make sure you have a copy of the school district's policy in that regard. If they have not followed policy as to the bullying then I suggest you contact the county school superintendent and also the state school superintendent.

As to the Kicking in the back and the spitting in the face, I suggest you can file a police report for the assault. No one should touch or harm another. Period. That is not bullying. That is a crime.

Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

It may be possible the boy spits when he talks. But he should never have touched her in this manner. A police report is in order. And if she needs to you should take her to her family physician to have a report on record for any possible injuries she suffered.