How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been repeatedly bullied in school buy

Customer Question

My daughter has been repeatedly bullied in school buy students and staff members but the last straw was when a boy pushed and kick her in the back and the spit in her face. No actions were taken as I called the school the teacher called my wife and tried to downplay the situation and even chuckled once or twice on the phone. She said he just talks like that but he put emphasis of a word to intentionally spit in her face.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. Every school district in the country is required by law to have an established policy on how Bullying will be handled. So I suggest you make sure you have a copy of the school district's policy in that regard. If they have not followed policy as to the bullying then I suggest you contact the county school superintendent and also the state school superintendent.

As to the Kicking in the back and the spitting in the face, I suggest you can file a police report for the assault. No one should touch or harm another. Period. That is not bullying. That is a crime.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

It may be possible the boy spits when he talks. But he should never have touched her in this manner. A police report is in order. And if she needs to you should take her to her family physician to have a report on record for any possible injuries she suffered.