How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 101607
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please find me a lawyer that deals with student loan relief?

Customer Question

please find me a lawyer that deals with student loan relief?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What can I answer for you in regards ***** *****? Also please tell me what state you are in, and what kind of loans you have (private/government, PLUS loans, etc - be specific). Thanks!

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems paying off my student loan they want way too much every month. I keep up the payments and fell behindbecause of unemployment. I need help to negotiate and $250/month payment instead of $500/month.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's been sold to private company I think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pioneer Credit and Recovery has it now
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Okay. You have two questions out that essentially ask the same thing. I am going to close the other one as a "duplicate" and will respond on this one.

You are in Illinois, correct?

I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...

…and another list:

Finally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state:

If you have any questions about your options specifically - now - you can reply and ask me.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would pay the attorney for this service. What type of law should I get a hold of?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Well the thing is that JustAnswer experts cannot refer to specific attorneys. We are not allowed to do so. May I recommend the Martindale site - The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

I would get an attorney in BANKRUPTCY and/or ADMINISTRATIVE LAW (if the loans are government-backed). But BANKRUPTCY is best. A bankruptcy attorney should know best what the options are for getting out of student loans - private and government-based.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!