Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

School adviser enrolled me in wrong class wasting my entire

Customer Question

School adviser enrolled me in wrong class wasting my entire semester. The enrollment advisor at Kaplan failed to review my transcript thus enrolling me into incorrect classes during me most present term. Is it possible to sue for lost time and loans utilized for the tuition cost for unwarranted classes? Furhter, the classes weren't refunded.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. Yes, you can file a lawsuit. I suggest, however, you would need to prove that the adviser had an intent to waste your time and that this was not just an error but a deliberate attempt to harm you.

I suggest, you first might consider discussing this error with the enrollment office and request that you not be charged for a similar class

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

It is unfortunate that your time was wasted. And I fully understand your frustration. And you can file a suit for your loss time, but do you feel you have the evidence to show that this was not an inadvertent error but instead a deliberate attempt to harm you?