Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

Last Sunday I drank quite a lot mostly in the evening up to

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, last Sunday I drank quite a lot mostly in the evening up to midnight. When I got to class on Monday (afternoon class ) I was told that I had to take a drug test "reasonable suspicion" and if I refused I'd be terminated. I agreed, failed the breathalyzer test and was terminated. I understand that I may have been wrong, but I feel that I was being targeted for speaking my mind to my instructor for the past few weeks. Do I have any recourse. I had perfect attendance, 4.0 GPA. made honor role.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

What state are you in?

Also, were you working under a written contract of employment?