Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

My 16 old daughter attends a very small private/home school.

Customer Question

My 16 old daughter attends a very small private/home school. All her weekly progress reports have been glowing. Last Thursday (Nov 5th) the director meet with us as Kellie has been disinterested in school. The director told us to think about what we wanted to do and would meet again next week. Kellie was much better the next day Friday (Nov 6th). The director send another e-mail stating we would have to discuss the next steps on Nov 11th which is when Kellie was scheduled for quarterly presentation. The director told us to think about what we wanted to do and we would discuss the next steps on Wednesday. On Sunday Nov 8th the director send an e-mail stating that Kellie could not come back to school because her experience (a few days the last week) was no longer positive. Can we sue?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Do you pay for her school? If so, have you prepaid for the year/semester?

2) Do you believe this may have anything to do with discrimination (race, religion, creed, etc)?

3) What is the official reason why she was expelled (for the lack of a better term)? Or the email provided none?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!