Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

Special Ed director abruptly removed bus transportation

Customer Question

Special Ed director abruptly removed bus transportation for my autistic son, today and Monday, because he scratched his bus aid in the face.
I have expressed there are too many kids on his special needs bus, too much stimuli for him.
I told the special ed director she can either reduce the number of kids on his bus, or hire a taxi to get him to school, at the districts expense. The special ed director says it is my responsibility to get him to school Monday.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?
2) Is this a public school? If so, I am guessing the bus is part of the school's route system, correct?

3) Does your son have an IEP or a 504 Plan? Which? If so, does it touch base on the bus at all?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!