Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

My youth attends a private/parochial school. I was contacted

Customer Question

My youth attends a private/parochial school. I was contacted at work regarding picking him up do to his behavior being out of control. I arrived at the school the principle handed me a box of his personals and told me ne is not allowed back into school until I meet with the school board. She stated that she scheduled this meeting for me to be right after his IEP which was 1 hour away. I waited in the room after the IEP and two school board member walked in and basically said they can not provide services for my youth due to his behavior and that they are recommending he be expelled. THey told me it would be better if I transferred to a different school so it didn't end up on his permanent record. The meeting lasted 5 minutes. Two days later I received notice of his refund for tuition being sent to me. I have not heard if he was expelled nor was I able to hear what the actual reason or what he did. I have have only my youth's side. He is a 2nd grader. I do not believe due pro
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. It seems your question was cut off. Last thing I have is " I do not believe due pro..."

Did you have anything else to add to add/ask? What exactly is your question here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.