rayanswers
rayanswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years representing children and parents.
8534270

My daughter's IEP meeting was held on September 9th. The

Customer Question

My daughter's IEP meeting was held on September 9th. The written notices were sent to me and after revision, sent back to the Sped. They still have not been finalized but the school. Is there a time frame that the Written Notices need to be completed after an IEP meeting?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

The notice of the districts recommended action(236.320(a) and the IEP summary (226.110(f) are to be provided to you immediately after the meeting.Here if you have not received these documents you can make complaint here immediately as they have not complied with federal law.

Good reference here with federal timetable.

http://www.ntdse.org/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/image2014-02-13-115310_uid21320141155311.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the state you are in so I can give you the correct reference, these are for Illinois.I will be happy to follow up here.Sorry for the confusion.

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

The IEP here should be completed and implemented as soon as you sign it either at end of meeting of if you take it home for review when you sign and return it.If you will get me your state I will get you reference.Thanks again.