LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am an attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in a wide variety of legal areas, including Educational Law.
15277592

Mr Lawtalk. After some stressful negotiations, we are

Customer Question

Hello Mr Lawtalk.
After some stressful negotiations, we are closing on the property imminently.
There are 3 lien holders.
One of them is only $2,400.00, and she is not trying to charge any additional collection fees, thus I am signing a release from liability for her and only for her.
The other two are charging additional fees above and beyond the judgement lien plus interest. It might be in the vicinity of $10,000- or more.
I am going to need some coaching on how to handle my law suit. I will probably get an attorney, but I still need you. I would like to know everything (anything) you can suggest before I contact him.
thanks, Kerry
Category: Education Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for asking for me.

Your situation has gotten beyond the need for a discussion of general law and you are seeking specific advise on your legal matter. You need an attorney to represent you and I am not comfortable coaching you on how to handle your lawsuit as I am not your attorney.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug