Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

My case has been delayed repeatedly by the other side--now

Customer Question

My case has been delayed repeatedly by the other side--now TBA scheduled to be heard (bench) sometime in 2016. I believe that I have compelling reasons for an immediate decision (maybe some cousin of a directed verdict). Is there a motion that I could
file? We are meeting with the judge on October 13 to consider amended documents.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

1. WHAT TYPE OF CASE IS IT?

2. WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN?

3. WHY DID YOU NOT REQUEST A JURY TRIAL?

4. WHEN YOU SAY DIRECTED VERDICT, DO YOU MEAN A SUMMARY JUDGMENT MOTION?

5. WHAT IS YOUR COMPELLING REASON?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where was the answer?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

I need more information to be able to assist you. Please answer questions 1-5 above.