Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer.
Experience:  I am an Attorney with years of experience in Education Law related matters.
26296561

I am a graduate student now and I lied to my supervisor

Customer Question

I am a graduate student now and I lied to my supervisor several weeks before. Now, she reported to the university and told them I have valid the university's honor code. But, I was just lying to her and she didn't have any written evidences showing I was fabricating data. Someone in the Dean of Students' office wants to meet this coming Wednesday. What should I do now?
Category: Education Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may need to specify the lie a little bit. She was asking about one experiment at that day. I told her I did the experiment and I can send her the results, but actually, I didn't finish it yet.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the legal questions, can I ask you what the basic procedure would the university talk in my case? How likely it is that I was dismissed?

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you review your University written Honor Code yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, I read the policy. I don't think my situation matches any of the academic honor violations on it. I can attach the document to you. A staff in Dean of the students' office wants to see me this week. What's the role the staff plays in my case?

Thank you for your follow up.

I am not permitted to review any actual documents for JustAnswer.com customer, as such review can only be done by your local attorney along with a review of your entire case.

Unless you have a legal question that I can answer for you, after you reviewed your university's honor code policy, I am afraid I won't be able to further assist you.