Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

I have filed a complaint against my child's school with OCR;

Customer Question

I have filed a complaint against my child's school with OCR; now I am subject to retaliation. I requested from the 504 coordinator how to file an internal retaliatory compliant and it has been eight days I have received no answer. Is this not again retaliation? I want to write an email to the superintendant but I want to make sure if this can or cannot be considered retaliation? How many days do they have to inform me of the complaint process?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: It is retaliation. However, you should be filing the retaliation complaint with the OCR:
http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintprocess.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. But could you clarify more in the sense "the purported action undertaken by a school district has to be one to “dissuade a reasonable person" from engaging in or making it more difficult to engage in a protected activity, and therein lies the rub" - how do I prove this?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) f you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
You state: "I have filed a complaint against my child's school with OCR; now I am subject to retaliation."
Please clarify what kind of retaliation you are subject to, exactly? Please be specific. Thanks!
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.