Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney handling education matters.
10285032

I am having problem with Financial aid, I am maxed out to

Customer Question

I am having problem with Financial aid, I am maxed out to get any Financial aid, so I did borrow from a private lender and paid for my summer classes. the money is with school but there was a hold on my account so I could not register for fall 2015. Hold
was for fee, fee would be disbursed on June 10, 2015. This was not in my control but school. now there is another hold that is base on a petition for taking excessive units. The form is for Spring 2015 or fall 2014 not Summer, in their website maximum unit
I could have is 12 and I have 12 units for summer I also had over one year issue with admission and records that created hours of phone calls and emails and fax between school and lender I am frustrated because I still need to register for one more class for
fall and I can not.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this matter? Have you called the school and dealt with the registrar or the dean directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like to know if I can file complain and if yes what is that law?
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry, a complaint for what? They have holds on your registration because money is due, so there is no law about that. Maybe you need to explain a bit clearer. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I have the right for grief, this is a grief. the petition form is not even right by its self, also according to school website I have not exceeded my units for summer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why hold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For no good reason?This will prevent me to register
Thank you for your reply.
You say they are holding it up for payments due. Also, they can grant a waiver for you to register by you calling the registrar if the money due is being sent to them from your lender or other financial aid. That is why I asked you to better explain. This is at law an issue regarding your contract with the school. In contract actions, you cannot recover for "grief" only for actual damages that you incurred.