Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is it better to file a claim with the lender or with

Customer Question

Is it better for me to file a claim with the lender or with the district?
I submitted paperwork last year to get $15,000 dollars forgiven on my college loan because I was employed as a Math teacher in secondary education. The lender explained that they denied me. I called some time later, and over the phone stated I still had time so long as I submitted a letter from the chief hiring officer that I was employed for that ti me. I would have submitted the letter if I had have known that the denial letter was false.
So , I went to the district where I previously worked and requested the letter. I have not received the letter signed and I feel I am not going to get it for the deadline is vastly approaching. I feel I am being denied the signature because I no longer work there and because of discrimination. I have worked the years , I just need his signature. So my question again is should I take this up with the lender for sending the false letter or with the district for not signing the letter in a timely manner? It has been three weeks.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: With the District for not signing the letter in a timely manner. Your primary objective is to get the loan forgiven. You have now learned that you need this letter from the District to get it done. So, you need to put your efforts toward getting the letter instead of going after the lender for providing you wrong information.