Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I would like to take a certification test Hat Linux.

Customer Question

I would like to take a certification test for Red Hat Linux. They provide a kiosk test that allows you to take a test on your own schedule rather than a classroom that is only offered once a month. The kiosk test does not provide any acomadations for the blind or partially sited. The acomadations are very simple and I offered to provide them myself. Is there any legal remedy?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. If the Red Hat Linux is a state or federal website, it must be ADA compliant.In 2003, the Department of Justice issued a technical assistance document addressing website accessibility entitled, “Accessibility of State and Local Government Websites to People with Disabilities.” This technical assistance document can be accessed on the ADA Home Page at www.ada.gov
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
I suggest if it is a private entity they would not be in violation unless they receive state or federal tax dollars. But you can contact the ADA and discuss this further.