How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle, LLC Your Own Question
LegalEagle, LLC
LegalEagle, LLC, Licensed Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 1473
Experience:  Actual online opinions from actual attorneys! Check out all of our positive feedback!
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
LegalEagle, LLC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i make a formal complaint against a teacher in the

This answer was rated:

how do i make a formal complaint against a teacher in the public school system? My daughter had a teacher in the 6th grade who sent her repeatedly to detention and ISS for insignifican infractions. Now my son has this same teacher. My son is an A Honor Roll student, has been in the Gifted and Talented program since second grade and has always received the highest of compliments for both his behavior and intelligence. In six weeks, he has been sent to detention four times. The teacher is constantly harassing him. What action can I take now?
Have you requested that your son be moved to a different teacher?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to LegalEagle, LLC's Post: There is only one 6th grade English teacher. We live in a small town (population 6800).
You can of course lodge a complaint with the Board of Trustees if you have not gotten any relief from the Superintendent, but you may also want to strongly consider hiring an attorney to assist you. I represent our local school system and I know that our Board does not like matters that invite other attorneys to review the school's activities. Best wishes and good luck.
LegalEagle, LLC and 4 other Education Law Specialists are ready to help you